Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Your Touch is My Drowning Sea

A brush on the arm
A touch, a kiss.
Gaze into your eyes I'm falling
Into a dark abyss.

"It's wrong", "Be strong"
In darkness voices call
I'm far away, down below
Those voices seem so small.

In distance I see the light
Way up a pinpoint of bright.
But sweet seduction drowns me
All around is the night

What is wrong and what is right
It's now so hard to say.
I'm lost, I'm confused
I can't tell night from day.

Sinking, drifting, falling
Darkness is all around.
Your touch is my darkness
In this sea I drown.

I could kick away, break free
These hands that pull me further.
But what if I want to
Succumb to this endless struggle.

I give up, I surrender,
Those voices I hear no longer.
Who am I, what are we?
Hush, such queries don't matter.

Your hand on mine; I breathe in
Water fills my lungs.
My lips on yours; no talking
Wordless sighs roll off tongues.

A brush on the arm
A touch, a kiss.
You see I'm drowning
But please don't miss

A smile adorns my lips.

Your touch is my drowning sea
But
Your love is my sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment