Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bittersweet Memory

Watching the sun set and the sky growing dark
Up on the tress as the cold wind blew.
I still don't know why it started but
I never wanted to leave I knew.

Wine, laughter, great company
What else could I possibly ask for?
I would say, if you asked me
Just a little bit time more.

The time we had together was short
As night always turned to day.
Though my heart hoped it did not
Goodbye it seemed we must say.

We couldn't have known when we met
That so close we'd come to grow.
More similar than one would expect
But different paths we now have to go.

'If only's and 'What if's may trouble our minds
As treasured thoughts plague our memory.
We try to shake free from these binds
Seems like it'll take an eternity.

Perhaps we got the timing wrong
Perhaps we let ourselves astray.
But as our hours together grew long
I wouldn't rather have had it any other way.

And now we part as dear friends do
With dry eyes but hearts filled with tears.
I have to say that I'll miss you
And hope we'll be friends for coming years.

You'll be my bittersweet memory
Playing out my heart's symphony
In two months you created a treasury
A collection of longing melodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment