Thursday, June 10, 2010

Imprints on my mind

That day, that sunny day I met you
I thought I had a dream come true
You looked at me, smiled, held out your hand
And I took it, then we walked in the sand

Footsteps marked in the sand reflect
The journey we traveled, the steps
Looking back at this long long journey
My mind is flooded with bittersweet memory

I loved you more than I loved myself
Put you before family, money, my health
And what do you have for me in return
Other than lies and blissful deception?

How foolish I was, how little I cared
About those worries that troubled my head
Those niggling doubts that turned out true
If only I had paid attention to you

Now I look back and I'm shocked to see
Those footsteps in the sand belong only to me

And now I know
At the end of the rainbow
There is no pot of gold
Only damp, darkness and cold.

~Written at 2.45am in 10 minutes when I was supposed to be sleeping. Inspiration strikes at funny moments~
~Please note that it RHYMESSSS!!!~

No comments:

Post a Comment